See! I told ya so! ;)


A couple of weeks ago I may have mentioned the idea of augmented reality (AR) being a useful tool in future elearning scenarios. Welllll, it looks like Upskill had the same idea! They've developed a more industrial model of Google's Glass to be used in the workplace. Check out this great side by side comparison video of AR vs paper-based learning:




Bloomberg wrote a great article on why Google Glass, and AR, failed initially and why it's finding a resurgence in instructional design. Check it out here

So what does this mean for us as Instructional Designers? Do we need to learn to code for AR much like we should learn how to use programs like Storyline and Captivate? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Comments

  1. Very Cool! Thank you for sharing this. I agree that it has a valuable place in instructional design and I personally believe that this technology will help engage learners. I personally feel like there are many kinks that still need to be worked out, but we are on our way. I think that it will be especially useful for performance improvement and knowledge management. Do you think this will require the instructional designers of the future to have adequate programming skills?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts